Prof. Joseph J. Smulsky is a chief scientist of the Institute of the Earth's Cryosphere of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor of theoretical and applied mechanics.
He was born 13.04.1944 in Poninka of Polonskiy district on Khmelnitskiy area, Republic of Ukraine of USSR. After completion of education in the Kharkov Aviation Institute he during 21 year worked in Novosibirsk scientific research Institutes and Design Offices. In Institute he works since 1988.
Prof. Joseph J. Smulsky is the specialist in the field of the mechanics of a liquid and gas, ecology, wind energy, electrodynamics, the theoretical mechanics. He is the author and the co-author more than 100 scientific works and inventions, including three monographs.
The are basic achievements of scientific researches of Prof. Joseph J. Smulsky in following areas:
1. Protection of the Atmosphere. In structure of authors group he has developed specifications on regulation by quality of atmospheric air of city. Has analysed a conditions of systems of gas purification in thermo-power stations (Bykov,A.P., Smulsky,J.J. The Inspection and Analysis of Gas Clearing Systems of Thermal-Technic Enterprises (Help Allowance). -Leningrad: Hydro-MeteoPublishers. - 1988. - 94 p. (In Russian)). He also had developed a new parameter of atmosphere pollution (Smulsky,J.J. A Complex Parameter and Levels of Pollution of Atmosphere during Adverse Meteorological Conditions // Meteorology and Hydrology - 1987. - No. 8. - Pp. 48 - 56. (In Russian)) and had developed the automated rating of pollution of an atmosphere of city which into 1991 was introduced in Tyumen.
In 1988 Smulsky J.J. had headed the North Development Institute expertise on the feasibility of arrangement of condensate deposits on Yamal.
2. Wind Energy. Prof. Joseph J. Smulsky had developed a new direction in the wind energy: has offered various designs of Screw wind turbine: Three-rotor wind turbine, the Self-oriented wind aggregate, The Cantilevered wind aggregate, the Vertical screw wind rotor, multi-rotor wind-dam etc. He also has developed the scientific bases of their application. (Smulsky,J.J The Screw wind turbines and their features// The Engineer-Physical Journal. -2001. - Vol. 74, N.5.- Pp. 187-195. (In Russian). (Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics - In English)
3. Vortical flows. Joseph J. Smulsky had executed systematic experimental and theoretical re-searches of vortex chambers aerodynamics. He investigated movement of particles in the vortex chambers and processes of particles separation. He had developed methods of calculation of aerodynamics and processes in the vortex chambers and in vortex devices (Smulsky,J.J. The Aerodynamics and Processes in the Vortex Chambers. - Novosibirsk: Publishers "Science". - 1992. - 301 p. (In Russian).).
Prof. Joseph J. Smulsky had revealed four mechanisms of circulation formation of the natural vortexes and two mechanisms of energy formation of the atmospheric vortexes that he had lain in a basis of discharge theory of the atmospheric vortexes. (Smulsky,J.J. Discharge Theory of Tornado // The Engineer-Physical Journal. -1997. - Vol. 70, N.6.- Pp.979-989. (In Russian). (Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics - In English).)
4. The foundations of physics. Smulsky J.J. investigated a modern method of the description of interactions of the moving bodies, had studied transformations of space and time and has established lacks of a modern method. He had developed a method of the description of the electromagnetic interactions, based on dependence of forces on distance and velocity of interacted bodies. Smulsky J.J. had established absence of objective interdictions on superluminal movements and has offered methods of their achievement. He had shown validity of the classical mechanics, the Newton law of gravity and had shown an inaccuracy of the special and general theory of relativity:
1. Smulsky, J.J. 1994. "The Electromagnetic and Gravitational Actions (The Non-Relativistic Tractates)". Novosibirsk: "Science" Publisher, 225 p. (In Russian ).
2. Smulsky,J.J. The Theory of Interaction. - Novosibirsk: Publishing house of Novosibirsk University, Scientific Publishing Center of United Institute of Geology and Geophysics Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, 1999 -293 p. (In Russian)
5. Global changes of a climate. Now Joseph J. Smulsky are studying the problem of depend-ence of an environment on the Earth from interaction of bodies of Solar system (. Melnikov,V.P., Smulsky,J.J., Krotov O.I., Smulsky,L.J. Orbits of The Earth And The Sun And Possible Their Influences On of The Earth Cryosphere (Statement of a Problem And The First Results)// Cryos-phere of the Earth. - 2000. - Vol. IV, No. 3, Pp. 3-13. (In Russian).